The holidays are perfect for letting your clients know you value them. But choosing the right gifts is important.
The holidays aren’t really the time for marketing your brand, so it’s best to avoid gifts that advertise your services or prominently display your name or likeness. Instead, choose useful gifts that will make your clients feel special.
Here are some ideas.
- Personalized gifts such as stationery, a cookie jar, hand towels, throw pillows or a platter.
- “New home” Christmas ornaments.
- An address stamp or labels for a client’s new house.
- A gift basket containing special coffees, teas and other holiday drinks. You could also give a basket of household or gardening tools.
- A holiday-themed or monogrammed welcome mat.
- Coffee mugs.
- Champagne and champagne flutes or a set of wine glasses.
- Holiday kitchen tools, like potholders, spreaders or tea towels.
- A cheese or charcuterie board. This is another gift you can personalize.
- Food gifts, such as chocolates, cookies or homemade jams. Remember, however, that some of your clients may have food allergies, so give carefully.
- Board games for the family.
- Wall calendars.
- A painting of the client’s home.
- A warm throw for the living room sofa or bedroom.